Pages

Oct 29, 2013

Archeology of a strip game


The main screen (here the tiny box at left with zig-zag for market) was decided from the get go


Strip-Trader was first mean to be a normal classic Dating-Sim. I had plan for the player to buy some stuff with silly name (["the Fitness Club 'Hard Muscle'", "the precious watch 'Rollass'", "the new Hifi from 'Allursin'", "The powerfull 'Donkey Hardickson' motor bike"]; it's an actual array already in the game). Those stuff would help get the girl, with a few question to guess her preference.
The market trading stuff was just mean to be a mini-game to get money. But then I found it was pretty fun on itsef, and eventually, I admitted I wasnt able to code a full dating sim, or jut get enough picture for various girl for the player to hit on.

Now that I solved the picture problem I should be able to program the game I intended to make at first.

So it will probably flow like a traditional dating-sim. Every day you get some action point (energy) to win money . The market mini game, could be easier with a turn by turn resolution, or an energy cost for every order you pass. Then you could travel to a location to meet a girl. With a girl you can ask her question to know what she's into, and buy stuff for her to win her affection.
There a few problem to do all that. First the free picture from RealityKings dont go well with such a story. They often shocase actual intercourse with various different male, which will not make sense in a dating smulation unless the player is supposed to shapeshift, even into a female.

Second, the actual code is pretty messy (and still usable in Flash v6) so I better recode the whole damn thing. And before recoding every thing I should know what exact type of game I want in the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment